The Sunday Thymes
Connor and I went to one of our favorite DC restaurants, Rasika, last night to celebrate the end of his third year of medical school. Oh my gosh, everything was amazing as always, but I have three new favorites. The cauliflower bezule (top pic: Mangalore-style deep fried cauliflower with mustard seeds, green chiles, curry leaves, and lemon), the Chicken Pudina Korma (chicken in a cashew, mint, and garam masala sauce), and the Rockfish Alleppey Curry (coconut, ginger, and fenugreek seed tomato sauce).
If you ever go to DC, book ahead and try to go to this place! It never disappoints.
And to continue to the food theme as always, here are some of my favorites finds from the past week:
- These strawberry milkshakes with homemade brazil nut milk!
- This beautiful raspberry polenta cake.
- I need to get my hands on some soft-shell crabs! Asap.
- These fritters look so good.
- How have I never had fried pickles? I mean, seriously.
- These yucca fries look incredible!
- Woh, woh, woh. Smoked s’mores?!
- Salted Date Caramel Cashew Tart with Mocha Graham Crust. That crust!