A simple muesli mixture made from rolled oats, multigrain hot cereal, Zante currents, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and flax.
I didn’t actually like oatmeal at all until this past year during my senior year at college. I’m referring to cooked oatmeal.
I love to pack this oatmeal muesli recipe when I’m traveling, particularly on planes, since I can stick the dry mixture in a disposable container and not have to worry about it getting confiscated at security lines.
I head over to the coffee shop (usually Starbucks) where I get my coffee and add free milk from their stations! Sneaky of me, I know, but it works out great.
- ½ cup traditional rolled oats
- ¼ cup multigrain hot cereal or substitute regular oats
- handful Zante currants
- 1 tablespoon walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ or ground flax
- pinch kosher salt
- Mix all of the ingredients together and place in a small container. Cover mixture with milk and refrigerate overnight or let sit for 15 to 20 minutes to soften slightly before serving.