Summertime Berry Peach Smoothie
I absolutely LOVE frozen smoothies at any time of the year (yes, even winter, strangely enough), but I especially love them in the midst of a hot summer in DC. This summertime berry peach smoothie is packed with protein (Kefir–love this stuff!) and fiber!
There is nothing better than cooling down after a long, hot day in the sun with one of these babies. Or, better yet, refueling after a long, sweaty workout. You also can’t beat all the fresh fruit and berries available in the summer season. Top that off with a little air conditioning, a great book and you’re good to go.
- 1.25 cup non-fat or low-fat plain Kefir
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries (I love the ‘Very Berry Cherry Mix’ from Trader Joes!)
- 1 fresh banana
- 1 fresh peach
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen bluberries
- splash of orange juice (optional)
- Place ingredients in the blender, starting with the liquids and placing more frozen items at the top. This will ensure that the smoothie blends up easily!
- Blend away and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 7gSugar: 32gProtein: 8g
A Beautiful Plate provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietician.