The Sunday Thymes
- I made homemade brown sugar last weekend. It is ridiculously easy (1 cup granulated sugar + 2 tablespoons dark molasses = whisked together in a stand mixer for 5 minutes at high speed, scraping the bowl once). You can make as little or as much as you want, save money, and say goodbye to rock-hard brown sugar in your cabinet. Win-win situation.
- Lobster boil > shrimp boil.
- This roasted cauliflower soup with truffles!
- Linguine con le vongole AND this squid ink pasta with shrimp and burrata.
- Who knew collard green wraps could be so….sexy?
- 40 big cities made tiny with tilt-shift photography. Coolest thing I’ve seen all week.
- If you can get your hands on more sour cherries, you should totally make this lattice pie.
- Everything about this farmer’s market cornbread.
- Banana cream pie with vanilla orange custard. Oh my.
- Major cravings for this seared squid dish. Major.
- A sundae has never looked so good.
- Yellow kitchen love.
- The prettiest ice cream sandwich I ever did see.
- Must, must, must get my hands on some plums so that I can make this upside-down cake!
- Donna Hay wins at life.
- And lastly, is it weird that I secretly wish this could happen at my wedding next year?
15 Comments on “The Sunday Thymes”
Thanks for the brown sugar tip – seems like something I should know 🙂 But my favorite link by far was the Riverdance wedding. How fun!
Haha!! Too funny. Isn’t that Riverdance video amazing, I must have watched it 10+ times.
I want to try that soup!
I love that trick for brown sugar! And that photography of the cities. Beautiful. That Donna Hay soup? I’m getting ready for soup season 🙂
Me too! Soup season is my absolute favorite time of year–granted, the time of year has never stopped me. Isn’t that photography post amazing?!
Now I want to make my own brown sugar, and then write a song about it. If it happens, I’m dedicating it to you!
Oh my gosh! I NEED to hear that song when you do. Please share! 🙂 Also, definitely make the brown sugar–life changing.
I literally JUST came back from the grocery store with a bottle of molasses… definitely going to make some of my own brown sugar soon! And I thought “sexy” when I saw those wraps for the first time too, haha!
I love how you thought they were sexy too!! 🙂 Definitely make brown sugar–it is amazing, and honestly, I don’t think homemade hardens nearly as quickly. I will literally never buy store-bought again, just a bottle of molasses every few months!
That brown sugar is beautiful!!
Thanks Sues! 🙂
Thanks girl! xox
Of course!!! I’m still thinking of that dish!!
These posts are awesome. Love the tiny cities, the Riverdance wedding, the cauliflower soup (I was planning to make some this week),pretty ice cream sandwiches…so good 🙂
Hmm this looks so interesting to make at home also.. I gotta try this and surprise My mama for a home made brown sugar.. excited! 🙂