The Sunday Thymes
Thanks for being so patient with my post schedule this past week! I’ve been traveling a lot over the past two weeks, and can’t wait to update you all on everything, share many more pictures, and more importantly, tell you about all of the amazing food that I ate in Chicago!
- So I had no idea that Chicago had a thing against ketchup until this past week! It is a serious thing.
- Beautiful cranberry cornbread parfaits.
- Light and healthy edamame soup from one of fall’s hottest cookbooks.
- Trashed-up food heaven.
- I love this post on flavor and taste pairings for the winter season!
- The amazingly talented Heidi wrote a lovely, inspiring piece on maintaining a long-term blog.
- Chanterelle tartlets with herbed crust. My favorite mushroom ever.
- An incredibly useful Thanksgiving cooking guide.
- Butternut squash and goat cheese quesadillas!
- If you’re a kimchi fan, you’ll love this list of recipe ideas.
- Fun post on the surprising origins of 10 common food words and phrases!
- Vegetarian pho! I am totally making this.
- Kabocha squash and chestnut soup. It is that time of year!
7 Comments on “The Sunday Thymes”
Wow I think I will have a chanterelle tartlet and then a cranberry cornbread parfait. I like ketchup on my dogs too. Oh well.
Me too! Hahaha! Guess I better get over that if we move to Chicago!
I learned the hard way about ketchup in Chicago. . I actually tried to order a hot dog and asked for ketchup.. the guy behind the counter looked at me like I was crazy .. but he never told me anyway. . I didn’t realize until later that that’s not how they do dogs in Chicago. . it’s tomato wedges, chopped white onions and mustard! 🙂 loved Heidi’s post and I love kimchi so definitely reading The Tart Tart!!
I had no idea until I went there on my trip! Someone warned me on Instagram that I would be mocked, haha! 🙂
Ooh that Thanksgiving guide is going to be my bedtime reading!!
Love the photo Laura – Chicago sounds like its amazing too!! Have a great week!
i am literally obsessed with this photo. and i cannot wait to hear all about chicago!!!!!!!!! i’m headed there next week! happy sunday, laura! and thanks so much for the parfait love 🙂