The Sunday Thymes
This weekend was so much fun! We celebrated Connor’s birthday with dinner out…twice! We visited Balena and Tete Charcuterie for dinner on Friday and Saturday to take full advantage of Chicago’s Restaurant Week. Highlights included a squid ink tagliolini with crab and sea urchin, and lamb vindaloo meatballs with aloo gobi custard.
Here are a few of my favorite links from the week:
- Savory oatmeal with roasted butternut squash! Are you into it? I am.
- This coconut blood orange lassi has my name on it.
- An incredibly fascinating article on the link between taste preference for healthy foods and income level.
- The most insane fries ever.
- Cute linzer heart cookies for V-Day!
- This article on the phenomenon that is instagramming your food. Obviously, I’m guilty. Thoughts?
- Roasted cauliflower soup. Yep, need it.
- More cardamom things! In donut form!
- Did you guys see this olive oil piece on 60 Minutes a few weeks ago? So good and worth watching!
- I basically want to drink this smoothie every day.
- These wine braised short ribs would be a fantastic Valentine’s Day dinner. Soft polenta required.
- Lindsay turned my favorite ingredients into a gorgeous layered cake. She can read my mind or something.
- A gorgeous charred salsa verde that is calling my name!
- I love the sound of this polaroid printer (and how she uses it for journaling). Such a great way to preserve memories easily.