7 Insanely Creative Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
Did you guys have a great Thanksgiving?! I pretty much stuffed my face all day long, and it was glorious.
If you have a fridge full of leftovers right now, you will not want to miss these insanely creative recipe ideas. Obviously you could just reheat your leftovers and have a second version of Thanksgiving all over again (just as excellent), but sometimes it is more fun to mix things up. Plus, some of these you could even make for breakfast today.
I’ve pretty much covered all the major food groups. Here we go…
1. Cranberry Sauce Ice Cream from A Thought For Food. Cranberry sauce swirled into homemade vanilla ice cream. I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited about a Thanksgiving leftover recipe! Seriously. Plus, when do you ever not have leftover cranberry sauce? Put your ice cream bowl in the freezer now, because you are going to want to make this!
2. Buttermilk Sweet Potato Pancakes with Coconut Whipped Cream from How Sweet Eats. Breakfast idea covered! If you served mashed sweet potatoes yesterday, grab your leftovers. You’ll get major points for making these for your guests. (Plus, you can always substitute coconut whipped cream with the regular stuff!)
3. Leftover Pumpkin Pie Milkshake. Shameless plug, I know, but I couldn’t not remind you all to make this milkshake that I shared last year on this day. It is absurdly, ridiculously easy. Take some leftover pumpkin pie (heck, you could do this with any pie), put the whole dang slice in a blender, add ice cream and milk, and whirl away. You only live once.
4. Thanksgiving Turkey and Waffles Sandwich from Real Food by Dad. He put STUFFING in a waffle maker. Literally, stuffing! Waffles made out of stuffing. I can’t even get over the ingeniousness of this sandwich–and beg all of you who are lucky enough to own waffle makers to make this.
5. Turkey Pho from Honestly Yum. Did you save your leftover turkey bones? Please tell you me did! Because you are going to want to make this. I can’t think of anything more refreshing or comforting right now than a big bowl of pho.
6. Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Muffins from Just a Taste. Cheese, mashed potatoes, muffin tin. How could that not be delicious? Seriously simple too.
7. Leftover Thanksgiving Brunch Waffles with Fried Eggs & Gravy from Climbing Grier Mountain. I have serious waffle maker envy right now, because these waffles are insanely wonderful. I’ve decided that gravy is the new maple syrup.
Now excuse me while I go and make all the things. Hope everyone has a great weekend!