Orange Ginger Splash Pressed Juice
We’re doing the whole ‘pressed juice’ thing today! I don’t even recognize myself.
Except…I really, really love this orange ginger splash pressed juice! It is incredibly refreshing and happens to be the prettiest hue of natural orange that I’ve ever laid eyes on.
Golden beets, carrots, Cara Cara orange, apple, and fresh ginger are pressed into a beautifully vibrant, slightly sweet juice with a subtle kick of spicy ginger. I never thought I would be someone who processed vegetables into juice and raved about it – but that’s exactly what I’m doing today. I hope you’re into it.
Truth be told, I didn’t consider myself a juice person until last year. I love a good breakfast smoothie every now and then, but I’ve never been interested in juice cleanses and you will rarely find me buying a store-bought pressed juice. I never got on that bandwagon. My wallet thanks me for that.
But ever since we got our hands on an extractor attachment for our food processor last year, I’ve gotten really into them.
I don’t make pressed juices every day, nor every week, but whenever I do, I’m reminded of the fact that I should make them more often. This juice almost made me forget that it was negative fifteen degrees with wind chill on Monday morning.
It goes without being said that a recipe for any juice is fairly straight-forward and adaptable. If you can’t find golden beets, feel free to substitute with red beets – just expect a much darker red color (red ginger splash? it still works). The biggest benefit to using golden beets is that they don’t stain. Secondly, Navel oranges can easily swap in for Cara Caras too.
Is it a placebo effect that I actually feel more energized after drinking this?
I’m going to roll with it. You should too.
- 3 large carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- 2 medium golden beets, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 Cara Cara orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 Pink Lady apple, chopped
- 2-inch chunk of fresh ginger
- Process the carrots, golden beets, orange, apple, and ginger through your juicer.
- Best served immediately. If storing, place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days (shake the juice well before serving).
Tips for Success:
- This juice is a great ‘starter juice’ for anyone looking to ease their way into vegetable-based pressed juices. It is balanced and slightly sweet with a subtle kick of fresh ginger. If you wish to make it less sweet, just skip the apple (or use half)!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 80mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 16g Protein: 2g