The Sunday Thymes
My favorite links from this past week:
- If this brown butter walnut crumble cake could appear in my kitchen right now, I would be extremely happy.
- Smashed potatoes have just been taken to an entirely new level! Also, why the heck can I never find hatch chiles?!
- Super adaptable coconut curry soup.
- Happiness mantras! What is yours?
- Chocolate and orange is one of my favorite combinations ever, so these cocoa crepes with creme fraiche and mandarin need to happen immediately. [Also, I’ll be sharing an amazing recipe from Sarah’s book soon!]
- This heirloom tomato and carrot soup. The more soups the merrier!
- How to wrap ongiri from one of the best!
- A peek into Ruth Reichl’s new book “My Kitchen Years,” which I can’t wait to purchase.
- I just discovered this fascinating article by the New York Times yesterday, which was ironic given the timing of yesterday’s post on work-life balance.
- My nephew (and sister and brother-in-law) are visiting from out of town next weekend and I haven’t seen him in FIVE MONTHS (aka, since our wedding). He’s basically grown into a mini-human already.
What I was sharing a year ago…
- This Roasted Shiitake and Asian Pear Salad! With a super tasty miso-sesame vinaigrette that can be tossed with just about everything.