The Sunday Thymes
Afternoon light at Chicken Shop.
- This is a wonderful post and a wonderful cause! I really encourage you to read this at some point today.
- Confession: I actually love to clean and organize things (I enjoyed washing windows at the ripe age of seven), but only Tracy could make me want to stop everything I’m doing and clean the inside of my oven.
- Speaking of cleaning…it doesn’t get easier than this.
- Salads don’t get more satisfying than this.
- The new generation of cars. Finally!
- All I need in life right now is a fresh loaf of bread and this baked goat cheese.
- What is your feeling on thank you notes? I’m really into them [both receiving and giving].
- Mandy makes the best crave-worthy food.
- A duck fat cocktail. WHAT?! Mind is blown.
- I mean, do macarons get prettier than this?
- Have you heard this news about maple syrup’s labeling updates?
- These are going on the menu next week.
- I love reading this heartfelt, honest, and introspective take on ‘real life vs. internet life’.
- Pretty cakes FTW. Promise not to never use that acronym ever again.
- Heidi introduced me to a new grain! Have you heard of it?
- Also! I need to cook with sorghum more. This spring salad looks fantastic!
- Ok, how adorable is this backpack?! I think Max needs one stat.
- In case you missed it, I shared this brown sugar chili-rubbed salmon (such a great weeknight dinner) and rhubarb galette with orange frangipane this week!
3 Comments on “The Sunday Thymes”
Hi there! Yes! I suspect you can see El Che Bar from the window of the Chicken Shop at Soho… it’s in the old Checker Cab Building at 845 W Washington -basically the corner of Washington and Green Street – the mint green tiled building (can’t miss it!). I’m sure I’ll be in town for the opening sometime in May – would love to meet up for coffee at Soho. And really, do wander over to Sirena sometime… if only for cocktails and empanadas. It just made the Eater 38 list – I promise, it’s amazing.
I love the Chicken Shop! Can’t wait ’til my brothers new restaurant opens (El Che Bar), so I can head back to the Soho House for another visit 🙂 Great round-up as always… Wow, that kitchen spring-clean IS inspiring… but really, I’d rather just bake goat cheese and eat cake 🙂 Have a great week, Laura!
Oh my gosh! I KEEP FORGETTING to go to your brother’s restaurant. That’s it – I’m going to make a point to head there next month. Also, that is so exciting that he is opening another one! Is it also in the West Loop?? Let me know if you’re ever in the area, I’d love to meet up for coffee or something if you have time.