1. Hoping that the farmer’s market will have one last crop of spring rhubarb this weekend so that I can make these rhubarb-ginger bars! (via Pastry Affair)
2. For anyone who doubts large, national fast-food chains’ ability to serve sustainable, local, and premium quality meats, this article is for you. While it is certainly difficult, expensive, and has its challenges, Chipotle has proven that it is more than possible. (via Washington Post)
3. This s’mores ice cream will be made this summer. Yep, it’s definitely happening. (via Oh, Lady Cakes)
4. The evolution of the croissant, and, subsequent, cronut. I have a feeling that this particular food fad will stick around for quite some time… (via New York Times)
5. Pantry Confidential is one of my favorite newly-discovered blogs. Their latest interview with Julia Bainbridge (editor of BonAppetit.com) is fascinating!
6. Secrets to the perfect pesto. I think I’m guilty of adding too much garlic to mine, oops (via La Cucina Italiana)
Don’t forget to enter for a chance to win the Magimix 5200XL 16-Cup Food Processor, if you haven’t already done so! The giveaway will be open through Monday, June 24th at 8:00 pm EST.
4 Comments on “Tidbits”
Ooh I love pesto and think mine is pretty good, but I definitely need to learn all the “secrets”!! 🙂
S’mores ice cream?! Oh baby, YES. Have a great weekend, Laura!
The pesto article is very interesting. I am going to try freezing the blender container and soaking my basil leaves!
*Is* there such a thing as too much garlic in pesto? Not in my book 🙂