The Sunday Thymes
This week has been a heavy one, and I apologize for the lack of posting. Most days, I like to keep this space a positive and welcome distraction, but some days it can be very hard. It just didn’t feel right to talk food in the face of everything that happened – I hope you understand!
- One of the best and most eloquently written pieces I’ve read all week. This article was troubling, but a very important read as well.
- Speaking of reading, I just finished Devil in the White City (approximately 1,257 people have mentioned that I should read it since moving to Chicago) and I loved it. Have any of you read it? I’m starting this next.
- Does it get better than cake made in a blender? I’m not sure.
- I’ve been making various compotes every week for the past month. It makes for the easiest and tastiest breakfast paired with yogurt and sprinkling of crunchy granola. This one is next!
- Original fig newtons elevated.
- The perfect fudge to elevate that bowl of ice cream this summer.
- All the healthy snacks!
- I love the idea of mixing traditional bolognese with this Chinese-style version.
- The time has come to make another stone fruit slab pie.
- Other things to make this month: spaghettini with roasted tomatoes (one of yours and my favorite!) and garlic breadcrumbs. The breadcrumbs make this dish.
- Also, homemade strawberry jam! YES!