The Weekly Mix
Happy Friday! I’m going to keep today’s Weekly Mix short as my parents are visiting us from out of town this weekend. Confession: I’m still recovering from eating my way through Columbus, Ohio last week. I was seriously blown away by the food scene in that city! There is a lot happening. Are any of you from there?
I’ll be sharing a recap, as well as a mini food city guide, in the coming weeks. But really….we ate so much food. It was so intense that I got home on Thursday and raided my fridge of any and all vegetables.
In case you didn’t see them, I shared this dreamy chorizo hash eggs Benedict (one word: cilantro hollandaise) recipe earlier in the week and a riff on my mom’s tuna pasta complete with the latest recipe video. I hope you’ll get a chance to check them out. Also, if you have any fall recipe requests, please send them my way!
Here are a few things I’m loving this week:
- How and why to start a dinner club.
- These eggplant meatballs have my name written all over them.
- If you’re looking for a weekend baking project, these tahini chocolate chip cookies look phenom!
- Pumpkin. How are you feeling about it? I might have to cave soon and bake up a batch of these pumpkin espresso muffins. My family goes crazy over these.
- If you can’t stand the idea of anything pumpkin yet, ignore the internet right now and make any of these late summer tomato recipes.
- If you’ve ever wondered why onions make you cry…
- Ok, admit it. Who else wants the new cellular Apple Watch? ??
- Feeling very inspired by Michael’s beautiful plant-filled balcony. Goals for next summer.
- Tasty mocktails for the weekend!
- We’ve been making a conscious effort to keep our phones out of the bedroom at night and I have to say, it has been so great for our quality of sleep and bedtime routine. This sound machine is my new favorite thing. I know this isn’t my usual writing subject, but I’m going to share a post on this soon!
- Busting out my slow cooker this week for this Greek chicken.
This post may contain Amazon and Reward Style affiliate links. I only link to items that I love or have purchased myself. If you purchase an item, I may receive a very small commission (at no cost to you). Thank you for supporting ABP!