7 Weeknight Meals, 1 Grocery Trip
Ok, so remember when I declared that 2016 would be the year of meal planning?
Well, that goal has fallen by the wayside. Recipe testing for other projects has resulted in so many leftovers and grocery store trips that I can often get away with minimal planning on the dinner front. When life gets busy, meal planning becomes almost non-existent around here.
I figure if I’m struggling – some of you may be struggling with this too! In the reader survey, I asked what type of recipes you would like to see more of on ABP and the vast majority of you requested more weeknight friendly recipes!
So, I thought it would be fun to put together a weekly meal plan with 7 weeknight recipes that you can make on even the busiest of weeks. The meal plan includes a variety of recipes – slow cooker recipes, filling main course salads, seafood, vegetarian meals, etc. I tried to be mindful of re-using certain ingredients throughout the week for minimum waste too!
The BEST part? I’ve included a comprehensive grocery list for the whole week – a list that you can save, print out, or reference on your phone at the grocery store. The planning is done for you!
7 Weeknight Meals, 1 Shopping List, 1 Grocery Trip:
- Monday: Slow Cooker Winter Vegetable Soup – prep the ingredients on Sunday night, store in the fridge, and stick in the slow cooker on Monday morning before you head to work. Dinner will ready when you get home! Use any leftovers for weekday lunches.
- Tuesday: Weeknight Broiled Salmon with Chermoula Herb Crust – bulk it up with a side of quinoa or couscous, and a mixed green salad tossed with one of my favorite everyday salad vinaigrettes.
- Wednesday: Orecchiette with Spicy Sausage and Broccoli Rabe – one of my favorites pastas with a a spicy kick. Leave out the sausage and bulk up the broccoli rabe for an easy vegetarian alternative.
- Thursday: Guacamole Greens Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette – a great way to use up any leftover fresh cilantro from Tuesday’s salmon dinner! This main course salad is incredibly filling – and always gets rave reviews.
- Friday: 15-Minute Shrimp, Snow Pea, and Ginger Stir Fry – buy frozen deveined shrimp and defrost. Serve with a side of steamed sushi or short-grain brown rice.
- Saturday: Homemade Margherita Pizza – extra time on the weekend = time to prep homemade pizza dough in the afternoon!
- Sunday: Roasted Acorn Squash and Sweet Potato Soup – end the week with an easy, healthy soup that be thrown together in less than hour! Pair with a crust of fresh bread and use any leftovers for the next day’s workday lunch.
Be sure to double-check the pantry list included to see if you already have certain items on hand or need to grab an additional item at the store.
Can I just selfishly say that I’m sort of thrilled to be able to turn to this in the coming weeks? Let me know in the comment section (or in an email!) if you enjoy this and would like to see more posts like this in the future!